Ultrasound is a quick, safe, non-invasive procedure that provides a large amount of diagnostic information. Hope’s Ultrasound department provides outpatient scans to give primary veterinarians and specialists information about their patient and to help make the best choice for further care. Ultrasounds are performed by a board-certified veterinary internal medicine specialist utilizing advanced ultrasonography equipment.
Department Contact Information
Phone: 703-281-4540 • Fax: 703-281-0149
- Advanced diagnostic imaging from a name you trust.
- Abdominal and bicavitary (non-cardiac) ultrasounds, organ aspirates, and centesis available.
- Same day appointments slots available on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Prompt diagnostic results provided via phone call to your primary veterinarian after the ultrasound, as well as an email including all ultrasound images sent to the veterinarian and pet owner.
- Discussion with your veterinarian regarding further work-up options, including organ aspirates, centesis, internal referrals, and your choice for next step advice.
- Outpatient appointments let the patient quickly return to your primary veterinarian’s trusted care.